Thursday 17 April 2014

Sophie and Andy's Wedding Card

My lovely younger sister, Sophie, got married to my now brother-in-law, Andy, last week.

It was a beautiful day in April and everything went perfectly! Well, if you exclude our dad forgetting to toast the happy couple in his speech.

Due to the 'life upset' I've had recently (understatement of the year! lol) a lot of my crafting supplies have ended up in storage.  This includes the majority of my papercraft supplies and art materials... disaster!

I also haven't been as on the ball as I would like to be with cards and presents for any occasion.

It's a few days before the wedding and I haven't got a card... panic stations, especially as I felt I wanted to do something nice for Soph.

In the end I bought a ready made A5 card and envelope from Paperchase and also some handmade paper with leaves and petals.  In the supplies that aren't in storage I found some white and ivory lace.  I used this with some fine silver glitter I happened to also have.  I finished it off with some pencil shading on the lace and a few hand drawn silver gel pen hearts.


The phone camera photo doesn't quite show all the details but I was really pleased with the overall effect and look forward to using the rest of the handmade paper for future projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment